Welcome to -SOF- Tactical Realism
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

December 2017 OP schedule

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

GySgt.Hammer.G

GySgt.Hammer.G

Gunnery Sergeant

• Active
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Donator

Public: Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sun @ 7 EST

Private: Tue, Sat @ 7 EST

• GySgt.Hammer.G likes this

Sgt.Brennan.W

Sgt.Brennan.W

Sergeant

• Active
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Donator

May I ask the reason for the switch on Sunday and Tuesday?  Is it just a low show up rate on Sundays?

SSgt.Shock.W

SSgt.Shock.W

Staff Sergeant

• Active
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Donator

Why not have Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday as private? I think the increase of new members from changing both Thursday and Wednesday to public has shown effective, but I feel like weekends should be for private ops with the possibility of swapping private-public every other Sunday. 

Airplane Man.

Sgt.Brennan.W

Sgt.Brennan.W

Sergeant

• Active
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Donator

^  We have had an influx of recruits.  I would love to see more private operations, especially at the caliber they've been at. 

GySgt.Hammer.G

GySgt.Hammer.G

Gunnery Sergeant

• Active
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Donator

Brennan, Shock - great inputs. 

The December schedule was proposed to best align with senior staff and mission makers during a brief time of transition.  Previously, Styker had the demanding responsibility of creating a majority of the mission content.  This can be a heavy burden for one person in consideration of real life responsibilties.  Currently, as we transition into 2018, the goal is to have 3 to 4 qualified mission makers on primary rotation to enhance quality and drive fresh narratives.  The Tuesday/Saturday currently aligns with this goal while allowing Wednesdays for private trainings.  

At this time, Hammer/Shock are primary mission makers with the hope that Stryker's schedule will soon allow him to transition back into the primary rotation.  Stryker is one of the best role players I have experienced and he has truly been missed.  Logan is being qualified for solo mission making which will bring on a third primary mission maker into the rotation.  Raven/Thunder/Harris are qualified alternates.

With the complexity of recent missions, an assistant zeus has helped enhanced the immersion. Of course, an auxilary zeus takes a resource off the ground so there is a tradeoff.

Two private missions per week appears to be in line with other similar sized ARMA player base communities but consideration for adding a third as resources allow is certainly a good discussion.

I hope this makes sense.  My primary focus is player base enjoyment and I am always open to suggestions.

Best,

Hammer

1stSgt.R.Harris

1stSgt.R.Harris

First Sergeant

• S-7 Standards and Education
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Donator

While our schedule is light on private operations right now, i feel we should still focus on the current rotation we have now as for private vs public. We are coming into a great recruiting period as well as having return members rejoining. With recruitment up, retension should go up as well, meaning we will have better trained and better team players attending the ops. And with better trained members (assumeing MCT 3 has been completed by most) that will increase the quality of our ops. Also having 2-3 mcc/zeus personel allows for much bigger and diverse and immersive ops on the private server and allows for more billets within the public ones as well. (Ie armor, fully crewed spectre airframes, among other things.)

So with that i say we keep the scheduel as is for a month or so, focus on training more mcc/zeus people and getting the ranks filled up. Just my salty 2cents.

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead
MOS
0311 8411 0341 0911

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users