Welcome to -SOF- Tactical Realism
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Public Server Map Feedback

S-6

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

MSgt.Thunder.B

MSgt.Thunder.B

Master Sergeant

• Active
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Donator

All Members please leave your reports on the new public server on this topic so i can keep my Notes up to date.

please include the date if you are posting after finding an issue just incase i fixed it before hand. 

Any feedback is good Feedback!!!!!! 

Screen shots or links of any type are acceptable, the more information the better!

Cpl.Gunner.P

Cpl.Gunner.P

Corporal

• Active
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Donator

The map seems ok overall. The 4 objectives per AO is a little low, although maybe more spawn when its in a city AO. I think the weapon sway needs to be added back in to keep the game challenging, as well as change the way that we did medical before where you need to be in a corpsman slot to be able to get others up as well as the longer time it took to get somebody up is needed. The server did seem very smooth to play on though so thats always a positive. 

PFC.Sanchez

PFC.Sanchez

Private First Class

• Active
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

The map is really good, but maybe you should reactivate weapon sway because arma isn't arma without stamina masoachism

1stSgt.R.Harris

1stSgt.R.Harris

First Sergeant

• S-7 Standards and Education
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Donator

Agree, weapon sway back a little. Reload glitch still present. CSAT didnt take half a mag and keep laughing at you so theres that. Over all very nice job. Oh and the revive we were using. Also one other thing i want to talk with you about in person.

Over all, very nice. I love having new towns to make the grass grow in, and love having supports back.

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead
MOS
0311 8411 0341 0911

GySgt.Hammer.G

GySgt.Hammer.G

Gunnery Sergeant

• Active
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Donator

Good:

# of EI seemed adequate.

AO indentification is cleaner.

Squad management is much better.  

Bad:

Static GLs are omniscient

Some EI go prone and hide in bushes without engaging - could be good or bad. 

One EI was morphed into a wall and could not fire. 

No presence of QRF.   

Multiple enemy vehicles were overturned.

Need well defined staging area where playbase can line up on the wall and fireteam can be selected.

Sgt.Brennan.W

Sgt.Brennan.W

Sergeant

• Active
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Donator

I GBU'd an enemy on a quad bike.  Would do again, and again, and again.... 10/10 LOVE IT!

• GySgt.Hammer.G likes this

GySgt.Hammer.G

GySgt.Hammer.G

Gunnery Sergeant

• Active
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Donator

1. I propose replacing all static GMGs with HMGs.  IMHO, static GMGs are overpowered.  Vic equipped GMGs should bring enough fun.

2. Enemy QRF needs more presence.

3. I propose modifying the medical system to only allow CLS slots (and with a medkit) to bring incapacitated marines up.

GySgt.Hammer.G

GySgt.Hammer.G

Gunnery Sergeant

• Active
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Donator

Camo nets on some objectives are collapsed.  http://steamcommunit.../?id=1258832551

PFC.Beaver.A

PFC.Beaver.A

Private First Class

• Active
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I would like to put forth a Vote on making the Public Server a bit harder. As of now the enemy force is way to easy in my opinion and should have their aim upped a bit if noit their awareness. I know this is the recruiting server and we want this to be a place that people can just join up and have some fun and maybe get recruited but I also think that as we are currently playing on it most nights then the difficulty should be upped. This is because at this point we are all kind of Auto-Piloting through it and it isn't a challenge all that much so we are not learning to much on it and because of that are not as clean and crisp as we should be on Private Ops. We need to be able to fail and we need to be okay with that as that is where we will learn the most. We do not learn anything from getting on each night and knocking out a few objectives easily and then doing a debrief saying basically "coms were good, fireteam communication was good, had fun hope you all enjoyed it." There should absolutely be nights of this turned into a complete shitstorm because we made bad tactical decisions put ourselves in danger and could not come back from it.

If you agree please reply with a 1 if you disagree please reply with a 2.

Cpl.Gunner.P

Cpl.Gunner.P

Corporal

• Active
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Donator

I agree and have a few things to say as well. I think there might other ways to increase the challenge of the pub ops that isn't only through things like AI skill. Some of those changes might be trying to get the QRF fixed so that it works (Still believe the QRF spawn at the AO in the beginning of the of the op), increasing the number of enemies in the AO, and more position locking like on other servers where people that run AR can't pick up downed players and people that are in the TL spot can't load up AT at base and things like that. Just a few other ideas to make the ops something that requires a bit less auto piloting to finish, but doesn't fundamentally change what the purpose of the server is. 

PFC.John.C

PFC.John.C

Private First Class

• Active
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Donator

I don't have ideas currently but I liked the other ideas, so why not  ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users