Welcome to -SOF- Tactical Realism
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dead by Daylight Recommendation/Review

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

1stSgt.T.Hobbs

1stSgt.T.Hobbs

First Sergeant

• S-1 Recruiting Staff
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Hello everyone! This is my review of the title "Dead by Daylight". TL;DR at the end!

Dead by Daylight is an interesting game to say the least. It is a one versus five hide and seek type game with interactive booby traps, vaults, loot crates, and a couple other fun things. The basis of the game really depends on which team you pick. As the killer you are all alone in the world, but most likely because you kill everyone you meet. There are three killers to choose from each equipped with their own special ability. As the killer you move quicker than the survivors as far as walking speed; however, if a survivor jumps a window or pushed down some pallets for you to get around. You had better just go around them, for those movements are slowed as a killer. The survivors also have several abilities and items and things. I'm not quite sure what each of these are, because I have only played the killer actually. The game is very unique, and I believe that makes things interesting to a brand new audience. If you like a good scare, or like to scare the hell out of your friends, I HIGHLY recommend this game. There is also ranked play for those who are a bit more competitive. This is Hobbs' review of the new title, "Dead by Daylight"

TL;DR- Play as a cool killer dude and hack up four of your friends, or play against 4 randoms, or play as the survivor.

PRICE- $20.00 for base game

RATING OUT OF 5:  :D  :D  :D  :D

EDIT: You can now play with friends as well!

Edited by MSgt T.Hobbs, 30 July 2016 - 03:33 AM.

RCT.Blackfoot.S

RCT.Blackfoot.S

Recruit

• Active
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

I might get it, i'm not too sure yet. 

Welch.R

Welch.R

Civilian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
I enjoy it. Ive only played as a survivor.

LCpl M.Kurr

LCpl M.Kurr

Lance corporal

• Active
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
This is basically #EvolveEvolved

Welch.R

Welch.R

Civilian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Yeah Kurr that's my thoughts on it to be honest.

The only difference is that as a Survivor you're pretty much on your own as in the current game you're unable to talk to your fellow survivors and are basically relying on a complete stranger to help you or leave you in any given game.

There are definitely some deciding moments in any game where you can go to help another survivor or leave them for dead to get your own goal(s) accomplished. Although you do get quite a sum of points for helping out another player in comparison to escaping/completing objectives.

I really enjoyed Evolve despite a lot of the hate it got. If you were with the right people as a team member it was a ton of fun and if you couldn't find a team and ran as the creature it was pretty entertaining to put the hunters through hell.

With this game its definitely unnerving at times and a lot like Evolve, but it's more stealth and timing based. If you're a patient game player it can be just the game for you. If you aren't you'll struggle. There are times I've sat in place for 2-3 minutes to not draw attention to myself and got out alive and others where you start the game and the killer notices you and you're f'd within 2 minutes and your fellow survivors leave you for dead. It's frustrating but pretty satisfying when you do get out on top.